- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
Summer Solstice Cocktail
Light and fruity without being syrupy-sweet, this cocktail is the perfect refresher for hot summer days.
Looking for your next backyard bbq libation?
Cucumber vodka seems to be a contentious flavor; Loved by some, hated by others. I was first enamored after I sipped a craft cucumber martini at a trendy bar post-wedding reception. Cucumber vodka was the main spirit, and among other lovely ingredients, the cocktail included muddled fresh cucumber along with a slice for garnish. I'd never had anything quite so refreshing.
I created the Summer Solstice as a sort of 'starter cocktail' for those who might be curious about cucumber drinks, but don't want to dive in head first. The cucumber vodka and grapefruit pair in this cocktail for just the right amount of tart without being bitter or sour, and the pineapple and peach donate a delicate sweetness that doesn't come off syrupy or heavy. Enjoy!
- 1 oz Cucumber Vodka
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- 1 oz Grapefruit Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 sprig Fresh Mint, garnish
- Fill an 8 oz collins glass with ice.
- Combine cucumber vodka, peach schnapps, pineapple and grapefruit juices into cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain contents of shaker into collins glass.
- Optional: Garnish with sprig of fresh mint.