Super Amazing Deliciously Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes!
What did you think?
These scalloped potatoes are the perfect comfort food. Easy, fast AND delicious!!
These potatoes make the perfect side dish, or could even be put out as a main course by either adding some diced ham, leftover steak, or just serve them up vegetarian style. They are only limited by your imagination and as in all cooking, you should taste, taste, taste, until you have what you want in your dish. My recipe is just a guideline. Make it what you want it to be!
- 1 White Onion, Diced
- About 2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- 8 Medium Potatoes, Sliced
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Around 1/2 Cups Flour
- Around 4 Cups Half And Half, Milk may be substituted.
- 1 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- Around 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Around 1 Tablespoon Pepper, Ground
Now we create!
- After all of your ingredients are together and ready, lets add the olive oil to a hot stock pot. Throw in the garlic salt and pepper as well, so that they get nice and toasty.
- Next you will want to add the minced garlic and onions. Stirring frequently at a medium high heat until they are caramelized.
- Stir in the flour and let it cook. You want it to be a light golden brown color.
- Slowly pour in your Half and Half or milk. You are aiming for a gravy like texture.
- Add the cheddar. Stir it in until it's melted thru out.
- Stir in the sliced potatoes, making sure that all of the potatoes are covered with the gooey, but delicious, cheese sauce.
- Remove from heat and pour the potato and cheese sauce mixture into a large baking dish. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until you have a nice brown crust on top and the potatoes are tender.
These are my most favorite scalloped potatoes in the world. My daughter can't get enough of them and requests them all the time. I hope that your family enjoys these as much as mine does! Until next time, don't forget to have fun with your cooking. Recipes are just guidelines. Put your heart into your food and everyone will be able to tell.