- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Super Cookie Dough
Cookies are one of the best sweet treats ever! May be because you can serve them in any kind of celebration, give them as a present, or just eat them in a normal day. Another great thing about cookies are that you can have a "me time" preparing them, or do it with friends, family, or kids (who are certainly gonna love it!).
For some time, I have been working with some ideas and some family recipes to find one dough that allows me making several different kinds of cookies. This one tasted wonderful, and that is why I want to share it. I hope you try it and love it as much as I did.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 flour
- 1 teaspon vanila extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Mix the butter with the sugar until it is a creamy and uniform mixture. You can just do it with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and keep on mixing.
- Begin adding the flour while keep mixing so you see when it is ready. You want to have a soft dough that does not stick to your fingers either. Keep in mind that you may need a little bit less or a little bit more of flour than the 1 1/2 cups.
- Here comes the fun! Give the cookies the shapes you want, or add your favorite toppings. For example, I made: -Some simple ones (round and square shaped), that you can later eat with Nutella or whipped cream. You can also sprinkle them with powdered sugar or cocoa. -Gingerbread man shaped ones with sprinkles on top. -Rounded ones with sugar on top. -The jelly ones. To make these: make a little ball of dough, with your finger make a little hole in the middle and fill it with your favorite jelly or jam (before baking!). Paint your cookies with egg yolks before baking them (It will help them get golden brown). In the ones that have sprinkles, sugar or jelly, do it before adding those toppings (in these cases it will also work as glue).
When shaping your cookies or topping them, fell free to add anything you like. You can use nuts, candy, colored sugar, chocolate chips, etc.
You can use any homemade or store-bought jelly.