- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Super Easy Buffalo Chicken Cream Cheese Wontons!
Tried these? What did you think?
These amazing snacks are a great appetizer for a party, or perfect movie-food for a relaxing night in. Just make sure to keep everyone out of the kitchen when you make them, or they'll get eaten before you can finish making them!
- 1-2 Cups Franks Red Hot Sauce, Original
- 1 Package Pre-made wonton wrappers
- 1/4 package Hardened Cream Cheese, Original
- 1-1 1/2 Large chicken breast
- 4-5 cups Cooking oil, For Frying
- 1 egg, seperated
- First, either place oil in frying pan or turn on deep fryer, allowing it to heat up while you are preparing. Oil should heat to 375 degrees. Crack egg and place egg white in small dish.
- Place raw, thawed chicken breast in small pot just barely covered with water. Place lid on and boil on medium heat until cooked.
- While chicken and Oil are heating and cooking, remove wontons from wrapper and spread out on top of cutting board or wax paper. Cut cream cheese into small cubes, approximately 1-1.50 tsp. worth, and place one cube on each wonton.
- When chicken is cooked, run under cold water until cooled and then shred into small pieces in bowl. Add franks hot sauce generously and mix with spoon.
- Spoon small amount of chicken into each wonton, and fold in half. Dunk fingers in egg white and rub across edges of wonton to seal.
- Fry in groups of 3-4 for no more than a minute, or until wrapper starts to turn brown. Serve immediately, with ranch dressing or your favorite dip!