- Food and Cooking
Super Easy Crock Pot Ham & Scalloped Potatoes
Yummy Comfort Food
I remember my mom making all of these wonderful casserole dishes when I was a kid. As an adult I am not really into the casserole thing, I just can't seem to find the time to be in the house for an hour while it cooks.
It is starting to get warm out here and this is usually a dish I reserve for winter but I was raving this for some reason. I wasn't about to turn the oven on because that would also require me to turn on the air conditioning. If you have ever lived in the mid west you know what I am talking about, no one want to turn the air on in spring. It is upper 80s during the day and 40's at night.
So this recipe was born, the need for comfort food without the oven.
- 1 lb ham, diced
- 4 large potatoes, sliced
- 1 pkg (32oz) velvetta cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Dice Ham and place into bottom of crock pot
- Place sliced potatoes over ham
- Put onions and pepper on top of potatoes
- Place entire brick of cheese on top
- Turn on crock pot to low and cook for 6-8 hours until potatoes are tender, stir part way through to distribute cheese