Super Quick and Simple Chicken Quesadillas
If you're looking for a quick recipe that is really easy to make and has relatively few ingredients, look no further. This is a recipe I've been using for a while since living on my own and needing a quick meal.
- 1 large soft quesadilla shell, usually near the bread isle
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken, buy precooked or cook your own separately
- 1/4 cup peppers, (optional)
- 1/4 cup onions, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle powder, sold in the spice isle
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Warm the chicken in the microwave (assuming it is pre-cooked. If not, cook chicken separately).
- Pour the vegetable oil into the skillet and place it on a stove burner, on medium heat.
- When the skillet becomes warm, lay the quesadilla shell in, fully open
- Watch that it doesn't burn. When it begins to get light-tan on the bottom, sprinkle the cheese and chicken (and peppers/onions/Chipotle powder if used) onto one half of the shell.
- Fold the other half over.
- Flip the shell occasionally until both sides are light brown and crispy and the cheese is melted.
- When it is finished cooking, slice it into triangles and serve.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||225|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 25 g||38%|
|Saturated fat 12 g||60%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|