- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Gluten-Free healthy and super easy Fajitas on the grill
Easy vegetable fajitas on the grill
Vegetable fajitas on the grill
Easy veggie fajitas
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash, or zucchini
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce, or Bragg's Amino Acids
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 10-15 mushrooms, button ,cremini or any other favorite, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon dark chili powder, or regular chili powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground if possible
- 1 package corn tortilla's, gluten-free
Super fast and healthy vegetable fajitas
- Start with a large bowl and prepare the marinade. Zest all the citrus then squeeze out the juice. With a whisk, mix in all the spices, oil and garlic. Set the mixture aside for now.
- While the marinade is marrying all the flavors, chop and mince all the vegetables as described in the ingredients text and add them to the marinade bowl. You can let the ingredients marinade for an hour in the fridge, or, if in a time crunch, start them on the grill right away.
- Start the grill and put on the high setting. Make sure whatever you are using to grill the veggies is clean and well oiled. You will want to leave the veggies in a grill pan placed on the grill rack or, lay some aluminum foil on the grill rack in the grill while it heats. This will ensure good carmelization.
- Once the grill is pre-heated to high, toss your vegetables in the grill pan and close the lid for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes stir the veggies and check for browning and other signs of doneness. At this point you will have to decide how long to cook the veggies; this depends on your grill's level of heat. Veggies can burn up fast on a hot grill! My grill had them ready to pull off after about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with a heated sprouted corn tortilla or any other tortilla of your choice. I served my fajitas with brown rice and avocado. Yum!
Easy , healthy and delicious fajitas
I prepared this dish at a girlfriend's house one night. Her husband was coming home a little later and was VERY excited to see us in the kitchen preparing a home-cooked meal. She has 4 beautiful daughters and they all had friends over. My job was to cook for everyone. I have to say a world full of fried, processed and sugary foods, I was worried the teenagers were going to turn their noses up at the meal and start looking for some processed crap in the pantry.
The adults sat outdoors and the kids gathered at the kitchen table for dinner. I was outside enjoying the wonderful food, great company and amazing evening. When I went inside to put my plate in the dishwasher, I was so happy to see the kids had wiped out all the fajitas. They loved it. I knew this was a winning recipe!
Also, did you know that bell peppers have 30 carotenoids, including lycopene, alpha-carotene, cryptoxathin, beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin? It's also a flavonoid and antioxidant powerhouse along with high levels of folate, vitamin A, E, and B6 ,not to mention a great source of fiber and well, we all need more of that! When choosing them, make sure they are firm to touch and bright in color. They usually last up to 7 days in the crisper drawer.