Super Simple Breakfast
A Smart Start To Beakfast
If you are pressed for time, try a piece of fruit and yogurt, a whole-grain cheese sandwich, and apple with orange juice, or prepare a smoothie of fresh fruit and yogurt the night before. No matter how busy your life is, you owe yourself the time to have a regular, healthy breakfast. Here are some nutritious and delicious suggestions.
Breakfast Trail Mix
Super Simple Breakfast.
1. Create a breakfast trail mix with your choice of whole grain cereal; dried fruit such as applies, apricots, banana chips, cherries, cranberries and/or raisins; and toasted almonds, pecans and/or walnuts.
2. Make a breakfast burrito by filling a whole wheat tortilla with egg whites or egg substitute scambled with green onions, shredded reduced fat cheese, salsa, and non-fat plain yogurt.
3. Try maple-glazed oranges and grapefruits. Heat 1/4 cup apples juice, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 2 tablespoons water over medium heat until reduced by half. Drizzle over sliced oranges and grapefruits, and sprinkle with chopped fresh mint.
4. Top half of multigrain bagel or English muffin with low fat ricotta cheese and slice of tomato, sprinkle with pepper. and broil until lightly browned.
5. Make a smoothie with non-fat yogurt, soy milk, fresh fruit, honey or agave nectar, soynut or almond butter, and a scoop or protein powder.