How To Make Sweet Bread Buns - Recipe For Soft & Fluffy Buns
We all eat bread. Bread is a wonderful starter to any meal. We can have bread for supper or for snack. There is nothing more tantalising than the aroma of freshly baked bread when you are hungry for an afternoon snack. These sweet bread buns are so appetising that you will eat at least a couple of them in one sitting. The soft and fluffy sweet bread buns taste so delicious they can be eaten on their own. They can be served with navel orange marmalade, nutella and even vegemite. With the aroma still lingering in the kitchen, it is so rewarding to sit down with a good magazine, sip a cup of coffee and devour these freshly baked buns.
There are two variations of sweet buns with this recipe. One half of the recipe can be used to make plain sweet buns while coconut toppings can be added to the other half. With this sweet bun recipe you will end up with two different types of awesome sweet bread buns to enjoy with your favourite tea or coffee.
- Prep time: 1 hour 30 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 45 min
- Yields: A tray of sweet buns
Here's the recipe on how to make sweet bread buns.
Sweet Bread Buns Recipe
- 480g plain flour
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150ml lukewarm water
- 40g butter chopped
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
Instructions for making the dough
- To prepare the dough, sift the flour, milk powder, caster sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add in dry yeast and mix well. Make a well in the flour mixture. Add in the beaten egg, butter and mix well.
- Gradually add in water and mix to form a soft dough.
- Transfer dough onto a floured surface and knead for 20 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough into a big ball and put it in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave it in a warm place. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. This should take at least one hour on cooler days.
- When the dough is double in size, punch the dough down with your fist. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for another ten minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
Buns With Coconut Toppings
In the above picture, I have made nine buns with coconut toppings and leave the rest as plain buns. To make some of the sweet buns with coconut toppings, brush the top of the dough with water and dip the moist surface of the dough into the dessicated coconut.
Place the dough portions on a baking tray. Leave the tray in a warm place until the dough portions are double in size.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush the plain doughs with lightly beaten egg before putting them in the oven. The doughs with toppings do not need to be brushed with egg.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the top of the bread buns is golden brown. Remove buns from the oven and let them cool slightly.
Enjoy with homemade lemon jam while the buns are still warm.
Making the soft and fluffy bunsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Please rate this recipe
More recipes from lady rain
- DIY Pearl Milk Tea - Make Your Own Bubble Tea At Hom...
Craving for bubble tea? Here's how to make your own bubble tea drinks at home.
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls - A Healthy and Gluten Free ...
A quick and easy recipe for making delicious Vietnamese spring rolls served with dipping sauce.
- Hot and Cold Sago Pearls Dessert Recipes
Yummy sago dessert recipes, serve them hot or cold.
- Quick Healthy Easy Dinner Recipes with Soba (Japanes...
The quick and easy way to prepare delicious soba noodles with five ingredients or less.
- How To Make Curry Puffs Recipe - Delicious Deep Frie...
Curry puffs are popular snacks in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. They are not only delicious to eat but easy to make, too. Check out these curry puff recipes here.
- Crispy Pork Rind Cracklings - Pork Chicharrón
Deep fried pork rind snacks.
- How To Make Pickled Chillies From Fresh Chillies
Homemade recipe for mouth-watering hot chilly pickles!
- White Radish (Carrot) Cake Recipes - Hong Kong Style...
Easy recipes for white radish cake.
© 2011 lady rain