Sweet Christmas bonbons
Be Creative and Merry Christmas to you!
What is a bon-bon?
Have you ever heard this line, "Sitting around eating bon bons?" The word Bon to the french means "Good." Bon-bon, is a broad term for candy. It can be found in many forms and in France it is associated with hard candy, lollipops, and taffy to name just a few. Think of some of the phrases we use such as Bon Voyage meaning "A good trip", Bon appetite meaning "A good meal" so by putting Bon bon together, we have a doubly good mouth watering treat. In America it is pertaining to confections or truffles with many varieties. And who doesn't love a Truffle?
- 2 cups crunchy Peanut butter, Extra Crunchy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups (16 oz) confectionary sugar
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 12 oz chocolate chips, Semi sweet
- 1/2 stick parafin wax
Dipping and coating the balls
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together and extra crunchy Peanut butter and butter. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the Rice krispies and the confectionary sugar. Set aside.
- Gradually pour the cooled peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture.
- Blend all ingredients together using your hands. Shape the dough into balls as seen here.
- Chocolate Mixture. In a double boiler melt the chocolate and the parafin wax over medium heat.
- With a toothpick in serted in the ball, dip each peanut butter ball in to the melted chocolate until completed coated.
- Place on silicone mat, or waxpaper lined cookie sheet to cool.
There are many variations of bonbons. Below you will see how they can be decorated, rolled, dipped, and made fancy to meet any holiday. There are ice cream filled bonbons, caked filled bonbons, coconut filled just to mention a few.
Pretty in Pink
Valentines day and Weddings
Decorated bon bons for any occasion.
Shred some coconut
Rolled in coconut, with either dark or white chocolate.
Roll your bonbons in pecans, walnuts, almonds. Decorate the tops with nuts, then double dip in chocolate again.
Dip your bonbon in caramel for extra sweetness.
These were decorated for Easter.
I want candy!
Roll your bon bons in any flavor Candy...
Creative Candy making
So you see the sky is the limit. Use your imagination to create awesome bonbons for any occasion.