Facts About Starbursts
What are Starbursts?
- Starbursts are fruit flavored, cube shaped, taffy candy.
- According to the official website, Starbursts is rumored to have inspired the pop art movement.
- It would take 30 million packs of Starbursts to reach from New York to Los Angeles.
- How many Starbursts come in a standard pack? 12!
History of Starbursts
In 1960, Opal Fruits were introduced by Mars. Then, in 1967, Opal Fruits came to the United States under a different name. This name, is the name we know by them today as, Starbursts. On October 6th, 2008 Mars had bought the Wrigley Company and moved all their non-chocolate brands to the Wrigley subsidiary. Today, Starbursts are manufactured in Waco, Texas.
Ingredients in Starbursts
Starbursts are made from real fruit juice and a good source of vitamin C!
Nutrition Facts of Starbursts
Serving Size - 1 pack (2g)
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories from Fat
Starbursts: Love them or Hate them?
The original Starburst flavors were:
Today, they have many more flavors such as:
- strawberry banana
- strawberry blueberry with yogurt
- mango passionfruit
- blueberry banana
- strawberry lime
- cherry lemon
- blue raspberry
- strawberry sour green apple
Of course, these aren't the only flavors that Starburst comes in. They have many more and are always releasing new ones!
Allergen and Dietary Information
Ingredients vary by the region they are in! Because of that, Starbursts that are made in the UK are considered Vegan-safe but Starbursts from the United States are not considered Vegan-safe.
Other Information You Should Know About Starbursts
While Starbursts may only cause vomiting and/or diarrhea in your pets, you should always make sure they are okay and call your vet.