- Food and Cooking
Sweet & Sour Fish Recipe
SWEET N’ SOUR FISH
½ kilo fish fillet (white meat)
1 egg, beaten
½ cup white vinegar
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup ketchup
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion bulb, sliced
1 medium ginger, cut into strips
1 small carrot, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1-2 cups flour for coating
Pepper and salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Cut fish fillet into medium strips. Wash and drain.
- Put lemon, pepper and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Dip in beaten egg and coat in flour.
- Fry coated fish in medium heat until brown and set aside.
- In a separate pan, sauté ginger, garlic and onions until aromatic smell of the spices comes out.
- Add vinegar, sugar ketchup, carrots and bell pepper. Let it simmer until vinegar neutralizes with sugar.
- Add fish and serve hot with rice.