Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries are a healthy alternative to greasy, fried french fries.
- 2 sweet potatoes, (parboiled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon oil, (canola, olive, coconut, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon (each) chili powder, salt, cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan on stove top. Put peeled sweet potatoes in boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Run cold water over potatoes and let them cool about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix oil and spices together. Slice potatoes (french fry style). Add potato slices to oil mixture and toss until all potatoes are lightly coated. Lay a single layer of potato slices on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes. (depending on your preference - leave in longer for crispier fries) Remove potatoes from oven when they are cooked completely. Allow to cool on cookie sheet about 5 minutes. Serve hot - plain or with ketchup.