- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Sweet Potato Bread with blueberries with no egg option
Sweet Potato Muffins
In addition to being delicious, these muffins are rich in vital nutrients like fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin A, manganese, vitamin C and E.
Make plenty because they go fast.
- 1/2 cup sugar, (or stevia)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil, (soft or melted coconut oil is recommended)
- 2 eggs or flax seed egg replacement, (2 tbsp. flax seed + 6 tbsp. water)
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes or canned yams
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, (if using frozen, rinse and strain first)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8-inch baking pan. Use a hand mixer or food processor to combine sugars and oil. Add eggs. Mix until blended. Add sweet potatoes and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and spices. Alternate adding dry ingredient mixture and water until everything is mixed together. Gently, fold in blueberries. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Place muffin pan in center rack. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Muffins are ready when a toothpick is stuck in the center and comes out dry. Allow muffins about 15 minutes to cool before serving. Enjoy!