Bengali Dessert Recipe - Sweet Rice With Coconut Milk (Narkel Dudher Payesh)
This is a most loving dessert for Bengalies. It is also familiar in Southern part of India with a little variation. You can try it now!
Ingredients Serve for 2 -4
- Coconut 1no
- Milk ½ ltr.
- Sugar 100 gm
- Basmati rice 50 gm
- Cashew nut 25 gm
- Almond 10 gm
- Cinnamon 1pc
- Cardamom 5 no
- Bay leaf 2 no
- Grate the coconut.
- Add a little hot water to it.
- Grind and press the mixture through a coarse cloth to extract thick milk. Keep it aside.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes and then drain the water.
- Take the milk in a pan and add the rice.
- Cook on low flame till the milk thickens and the rice is done.
- Add sugar, cashew nut, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cashew nut and almond.
- Serve cool as dessert.