How To Make Sweet Row Buns - Recipe for Sweet Soft Buns
If you have tried sweet bread buns before, you will love these sweet row buns. They are called row buns because the buns are arranged in neat rows and then baked in the oven. Children love these sweet row buns because they are so soft and delicious, and the buns can be eaten on their own. The buns are also great for a packed lunch; just fill the buns with tuna fillings with gherkins, hot dog sausages with tomato sauce, ham slices with greens, chicken with mayonnaise or your favourite sandwich spreads.
This recipe is good for making one tray of eight row buns. Because these buns taste so good, they will be consumed in no time, I usually have to upsize the recipe to make two trays of buns.
Sweet Row Buns Recipe
These are the ingredients you need:
- 470g flour
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 1 egg, , lightly beaten
- 150ml lukewarm water
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- To make the bun dough, put the flour, milk powder, caster sugar, yeast and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mixture. Add in the beaten egg and butter, and mix them in the flour.
- Gradually add in water and mix into a soft dough. Transfer dough onto a floured surface and knead for 15 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough into a big ball and put it back in the bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave it in a warm place.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. This should take about one hour on a warm day.
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch the dough down with your fist.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for another ten minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Using a rolling pin, roll and flatten a dough portion to about 15cm wide.
- Then, using your fingers, roll up the flattened dough until it looks like a log. Tuck both ends under the dough to make them look rounder.
- Repeat with the other dough portions.
- Arrange the dough in rows, in a greased baking tray. Leave the tray in a warm place until the dough portions are double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush the top of the dough with milk before putting them in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes until the top of the row buns is golden brown.
- Remove buns from the oven and let them cool slightly on a cooling rack. Enjoy the sweet row buns!
Step-by-step instructions in picturesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Please rate this recipe
More recipes by the author
- How To Make Curry Puffs Recipe - Delicious Deep Frie...
Curry puffs are popular snacks in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. They are not only delicious to eat but easy to make, too. Check out these curry puff recipes here.
- White Radish (Carrot) Cake Recipes - Hong Kong Style...
Easy recipes for white radish cake.
- How To Use A Thermal Cooker - Everyday Recipes for M...
Food only takes less than 20 minutes to cook on the stove and the thermal cooker will do the rest of the cooking. Information on how to use the thermal cooker with recipes for easy and hearty meals.
- Cinnamon Loaf - A Soft White Bread Recipe with Cinna...
You don't have to eat the same boring white bread every morning. Have a great start for the day by indulging yourself in this soft homemade cinnamon bread for breakfast.
- My Favourite Gluten Free Soft Bread Recipe
My favourite recipe for making gluten free bread ...
- How To Make Sweet Bread Buns - Recipe For Soft Buns
Enjoy your afternoon tea with these sweet soft and fluffy bread buns. Reward yourself with these freshly baked buns that are so easy to make and bake.