Sweet & Tangy, Hot & Spicy Cabbage Soup ... New Soup for a New Year
Never knew cabbage could tase so good :-)
- 1 Large can Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 2 Small cans Spicy V8 Jucie
- 1 Medium to Large Head of Cabbage, Chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2-3 Tbl Spn Worcestershire Sauce
- To Taste Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- To Taste Chili Powder
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 2 Tbl Spn Lemon Juice
- 4-5 Tbl Spn Brown Sugar
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the tomato sauce. Refill the empty can with water 3 - 4 x's and add to the sauce.
- Add the chopped cabbage and onion.
- Heat just until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add remaining ingredients, spices to taste.
- Reduce heat again to low and allow to simmer until the desired softness of cabbage is achieved.
- Notes: 1. An additional small can of spicy V8 and extra chili powder can be added for extra kick. 2. I like mine sweet and I occasionally add too much brown sugar, if that occurs, you can counter the effect with a little more Lemon juice. 3. Red cabbage can also be used and if chopped in triangles can be served as bat wing soup for Halloween or Harry Potter type parties.