Sweet and Spicy Ginger Chicken
This is one of our family favorites. You can save yourself some time by buying chicken already cut into tenders. I use a hormone free, individually packaged boneless, skinless breasts for all my chicken dishes. The sauce could also be prepared on the weekend to make a hectic weeknight go a little more smoothly. I have steamed red pepper strips with the broccoli for a little more veggie power, and my little guy loved it.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T Canola oil
- 2 T Fresh ginger root, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 T Honey
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce, (I used reduced sodium)
- 1-2 T Sriracha Sauce, (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 2 C Rice, (I used Jasmine)
- 1 Bag Broccoli florets
- Trim chcken and cut into strips. In a large skillet, brown strips in canola oil.
- Meanwhile, mix ginger root, garlic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and sriracha sauce in a medium bowl.
- Pour sauce over chicken and simmer 15- 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, you will cook rice according to package directions and steam broccoli about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice with broccoli on the side