Sweet and Spicy Peppercorn Drumsticks with Stir-Fry over Garlic Rice.
Ingredients for Garlic Rice, Chicken, and Stir-Fry
- 2 cups White or Brown Rice, Cooked
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, Dried
- Sesame Oil
- 4 Chicken, Drumsticks
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- .5 cup Flour
- 1 cup Celery, Chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, Sliced thinly into strips
- .5 Onion, Sliced thinly into strips
- 1 8oz. Can Pineapple chunks, Drained
- 6 Arbol chili pods, Dried
- 2 tablespoons Red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons Black peppercorn, Ground
- Salt, To taste
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- .5 cup White vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Siracha chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Plum sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Ginger, Ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice according to package instructions, mixing in the minced garlic and parsley in the water.
- Drizzle a Wok or large skillet with Sesame oil and place over medium heat, dip drumsticks in the egg and then evenly coat in flour. Place drumsticks in heated Wok/skillet rotating them often until evenly browned and crispy (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, Mix all ingredients for sauce together until well blended and split up into 2 equal parts.
- Chop vegetables and place them in a container with 1 half of sauce, toss in pineapple as well.
- Once drumsticks are browned remove from skillet and place in a shallow glass baking dish, put a chili pod between each drumstick pour the remaining half of sauce over the drumsticks and bake in oven for 35 minutes basting them once half way through baking.
- Drizzle Wok/skillet with Sesame oil and place over medium-high heat.
- Once heated pour vegetable/sauce mixture into the wok/skillet, evenly distribute red pepper flakes over veggie mixture, stir-fry the veggies for about 5-10 minutes or until onions are translucent, drain out the sauce.
- Evenly distribute ground peppercorn over veggies, toss and stir veggies for an additional 2 minutes over high heat.
- Salt to taste. Remove chicken when time is up basting once more, let sit for 1 minute. Serve drumsticks and veggies over rice and enjoy!
© 2015 Diana De La Vega