Easy to Make Recipe: Sweet-n-Sour Chicken with Rice
Something Easy for Dinner Tonight
It doesn't matter if you are cooking for a small dinner party or a large family meal; no one wants to spend all day making a meal, much less one that comes out of the box.
If you are looking for a meal that only takes an hour to make but looks like you spent all day cooking over the hot stove then try this sweet and sour chicken recipe.
This recipe goes well with Hot Water Cornbread.
- 1 Package Chicken Legs
- 1 Box Minute Rice, White
- 1 Jar Grape Jelly
- 1 Jar Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Can Pineapple Slices
- 1 White Onion, Sliced into Rings
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- Season All
- Cooking Spray
- Empty the jar of grape jelly into a mixing bowl.
- Empty the jar of chili sauce into the mixing bowl with the grape jelly.
- Pour two tablespoons of lemon juice into mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, thoroughly mix the ingredients until no longer lumpy.
- Set the mixture aside.
- Take the chicken legs out of package and rinse under cool water.
- Season the chicken with Season All or your mix of salt and pepper.
- Dip one chicken leg at a time into the jelly, chili sauce and lemon juice combination.
- As you dip each chicken leg, place it in the oiled baking pan.
- Using the remaining mixture, pour over the chicken.
- Take pineapple slices and put one on top of each piece of chicken.
- Pour the pineapple juice into the baking pan.
- Place slice onion rings on top of chicken in between the pineapple slices.
- Cover with foil to cook half way through. This will keep the pineapple and onion from overcooking or burning. At half way through, uncover for the last half of cooking and add the bell peppers.
- Bake until the chicken is completely done.
- Once the chicken is done, make the Minute Rice. Add a tablespoon of butter as the rice fluffs.
Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
- Make Oven-Fried Chicken for Dinner
Quick and easy recipe for oven-fried chicken.
A Different Kind of Taco
- Easy Recipe for a Different Kind of Taco
If you are looking for a different kind of homemade taco, try this easy to make recipe for dinner tonight. Using five simple ingredients you'll have a full meal in no time.
Flour Tortilla Recipe
- How to Make Flour Tortillas from Scratch
Easy to make, homemade flour tortillas just like mama makes. Good for snacking on, making burritos or even breakfast tacos!
Thank you for stopping by
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. For more recipes and dinner ideas by this author: