Sweet potato and red bean hash
- 2 Cups Sweet potatoes, Peeled and chopped
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Medium Red onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Spinach, Chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) Red beans, Water drained
- Salt, To taste
- Paprika, To taste
- Garam masala, To taste (optional)
- Chat masala, To taste (optional)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, Finely chopped
- Add the oil to the pan and add the chopped green chillies and chopped garlic. Let it fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the onion. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, chopped spinach. Cover and cook on Medium for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and all the spices. Cover and cook on medium for another 7-10 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Once the sweet potato is tender, add the cilantro on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!! You can have it with some rice, quinoa or a fried egg on top (my favorite!!!)
What do you think of this hash?
P.S. For those who don't know what Chat Masala is, it's this sooper yummy, tangy spice which you can add to almost everything. It tastes sooper yum sprinkled over apples too.
You can usually find it at any Indian grocery store or you can get it from here on Amazon:
Garam Masala is sort of like curry powder but more pungent. You can find it here: