- Food and Cooking
TGI Fridays loaded skillet chip nacho recipe
Let me just say that once you have these TGI Fridays loaded skillet chip nacho's you will never make traditional nachos again. These chip nacho's are absolutely delicious. Its also much easier to make these at home- than it is to load up the kids and head over to TGI fridays. Its also less expensive since they are about 9.00 a serving at the restaurant. Please enjoy.
- Approx 6 Russet potato's
- 12 ounces white American cheese shredded
- 4 ounces montery jack cheese, hand shredded
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 10 ounce container pico de gallo
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 packet Bacon, cooked and crumble
- 6 green onions, chopped
- The first thing we want to do is slice our russet potatoes with the skin on- on a mandolin slicer on the number 3. You want them thicker than standard potato chips because we are loading them with goodies.
- Place your sliced potatoes in a bowl and fill with cold water and ice. The ice and cold water makes the chips crispy.
- Now we need to start making our cheese sauce. Shred your cheeses and set aside. Turn your oven on to 350.
- In a medium saucepan on med low heat- add your 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream. Now add all of your cheeses except the 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.Stir well while the cheese is melting. Add your cream a little at a time- till you reach your cheese consistency- thick creamy cheese sauce. Add 1/2 of your pico de gallo in the cheese sauce. Set aside till chips are ready.
- Start heating vegetable oil in a big saucepan- or use your fryer and heat till hot. Drain your potatoes that have been soaking in the water real good. Start frying your potato chips in batches till all done and lightly browned.Place the cooked chips on a paper towel till all done.
- In a cast iron skillet- layer a round of chips on the bottom of the pan. Pour some of your cheese sauce over the chips, Sprinkle some of the cheddar cheese over the cheese sauce.Now sprinkle with bacon and green onions.and continue this repetition till all your chips are gone.On the top sprinkle the remainder of your pico de gallo.
- Place your cast iron skillet in the oven and heat till bubbly. Serve your hot TGI fridays loaded skillet nachos.