How to make TJ SHORT'S GARLIC & CHEESE gold coast meatballs aussie style
Become A MasterChef - well sort of
So you're wondering how do you make meatballs. Learning how to make meatballs, is the easy part. The hard part is trying not to eat them all at once. Trust me I know and I'm suffering from that extra weight. Yes that's right they taste that good.
Following my simple advice from this recipe written by me a basic person... Can help guide you on your path amongst the many and varied recipes out there for meatballs. Plus at the same time improve your bank balance and give you the opportunity to be healthier without losing taste from all those chemicals added (to shop bought varieties).
With the advent of the popular Australian TV show MasterChef, I'm sure you will be eager to get into the kitchen as I was. This is a simple yet versatile, recipe to help you get started one of three easy ways.
PLUS the good thing is you won't have to worry about the TV cameras or judges Matt, George and Gary looking over your shoulder and possibly criticizing you.
Not sure how you see it BUT... with the recent economic problems, I've seen an increasing trend of people making their own meals. Cooking at home has become the latest trend, the new thing to do the in thing. The money management skills of Gold coasters was actually aplauded by the ANZ bank recently. This recipe is just one of my Solutions to help you in this time of need, in true Aussie style.
Now on to TJ SHORT'S take on the classic GARLIC n CHEESE Gold coast MEATBALLS
★SERVES ★ main 9 people 4 each main sized as shown
Cocktail 24 people 4 each approximate
★ If you use 1/2 large onion use .5 cup flour or .25cup flour for 2 tabs DRY onion flakes
- 1.1 kilo Mince, Beef, Lamb or Pork
- 1.5 cups Cheese grated, (TASTY CHEDDAR) OR your choice
- .5 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Bake magic, = Bisquick
- .5 cup ★ Flour + 3tsp stock powder, or 2 crushed stock cubes & .25 cup flour
- 2 Carrots, medium
- 1 Onion medium or 1/2 large onion, or 2 tbs onion flakes
- 2 Celery, LARGE stalks
- 2 tablespoons Dry garlic
- .5 teaspoon Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbs & spices to choice, Optional
- Add 2 cups of Baking Mix in Large Bowl
- Add Cheddar Cheese to Large Bowl
- Mix Baking Mix and Cheese together.
- Add mince to the Bowl.
- Mix and mince all the ingredients together except Baking Mix and Cheese. Plus optional herbs and spices to choice. Plus optional herbs & spices to choice
- Using extra flour or baking mix to reduce your hands sticking if needed. mix it together with your hands until all ingredients have been blended together
- mix it together with your hands until all ingredients have been blended together
- Place in the freezer for round half an hour to chill out, to help avoid the mince getting sticky
- Make into your desired amount of meatballs 72-96 about the size of a golf ball or small egg
- Bake the meatballs balls at 190 degrees centigrade for 20 to 45 minutes, depending on size until they look golden brown.
- Place all leftover meatballs in the refrigerator once cooled.
Proof is in the pudding
With the way these tasted I do not see you having any BUT... For leftovers you can warm up in the over set at 200 degrees centigrade.
In the microwave for up to a couple of minutes depending on amount or in a warm oven.
One cup of Bisquick can be substituted by a mix of one cup of flour, 1½ teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil or melted butter.
If you tried this recipe and flopped just try again. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day... Nor were you born and knew how to do everything perfectly the first time.
Now you have learned how do I make meatballs look out for my next creation what to make with meatballs or check out How to make GARLIC n CHEESE Chicken Patties aussie style
ONE final warning... These Gold coast meatballs will go like hotcakes so you may want to make more than one batch