TRADITIONAL MUTTON CURRY RECIPE
TRADITIONAL MUTTON CURRY
Mutton curry is rich in flavours. It's more mild compared to other mutton dishes and is an ideal party dish.
- 1 kg Mutton
- 4-5 Large onions, ground to a paste
- 3 Large tomatoes, pureed
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 Brown cardamom
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 6-7 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Chopped coriander, for garnishing
- 2 cups Water
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, brown cardamom. Wait for a few seconds.
- Add onion paste, stir fry on medium heat till browned. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato purée, green chilli paste, salt, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder. Cook till the oil separates.
- Add mutton pieces. Keep stirring until the water dries up completely and the oil separates.
- Now add 2 cup of water and pressure cook to give 3 whistles on medium heat. After three whistle take it off the gas and check if the meat is tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy it with chappatis or rice.