Taco Soup with Ground Beef
Taco soup is a great recipe to add to your collection. Using a crock pot, you'll add your ingredients and let it set all day.It is simple and provides a great meal to a family or on that special occasion. Taco soup is a meal you can freeze (I've always had leftovers) which helps when money is tight.
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 lb. of ground beef or turkey (always optional)
- 1 onion chopped
- Brown the meat and onions
- Drain fat and discard
- Add meat and onions to crock pot
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix on top of the meat
- Drain and rinse the beans
- Add corn, do not rinse
- Add the tomato cans
Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 on high. I personally think cooking it 8-10 hours makes it taste better.
You can always add shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips, tortilla chips to it as well.