- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
Taco Spaghetti Casserole Recipe - Delicious
Taco Spaghetti With A Twist
Taco Spahetti? Really? Yes! Taco salad made with spaghetti noodles instead of taco shells and it's fantastic! This is really delicious, easy to make and your family and friends will want more of this to eat. You can have this as a side dish or the main dish, depending on how much you want to make; but make sure you make enough!
Rate Taco Spaghetti Recipe
What Is Taco Spaghetti Anyway?
Taco spaghetti is just like taco salad except made with spaghetti noodles or macaroni shells, etc. This recipe is pretty versatile and you can substitute just about anything I have listed as an ingredient with your own. That's what is great about it. You don't like hamburger? Then replace it with turkey. You don't like long spaghetti noodles? Then replace it with elbow macaroni. You want thin spaghetti? Try angel hair, and so on..
Prep and Approximate Cook Time
Ingredients You Will Need To Make Taco Spaghetti Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup Black Olives (Pitted), Optional
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Substitute: Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Tomato, Optional
- 1 Large Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mild Salsa
- 4 oz Diced and Drained Chile Peppers
- 6 oz Spaghetti or Noodles (DRY)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream, Optional
You will need a casserole baking dish and one large skillet for this recipe.
Pyrex Casserole Dish
Step By Step Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta approximately 7 minutes or until done. If you are not sure how to cook pasta correctly, please feel free to watch the video on how to cook pasta properly I have supplied you with below.
- In a large skillet, cook your meat and onion together, either the hamburger or turkey, until browned. Drain all excess fat.
- Stir in your water and taco seasoning mix
- Bring skillet ingredients to a boil and reduce heat. Let it simmer uncovered for 4 minutes and stir every minute or so.
- Noodles should be just about done, so drain your noodles, salsa, chili peppers, olives and use 1/2 your cheese and place into skillet using a large spoonful by spoonful so you make sure and get all noodles moistened.
- Simmer uncovered 3 minutes stirring occasionally to keep from burning.
- Place your ingredients into a baking dish approximately a 2 quart dish that is lightly greased. Cook for 20 minutes covered with lid or foil.
- Make sure cheese is melted before removing from oven and then use the other half of your cheese for topping. You may then sprinkle on lettuce, tomatoes, etc..
Are You A Noodle Lover?
Are You A Noodle Lover or Meat Lover
Again, if you don't like tomatoes, then don't use them, same as with other ingredients. I am not much of a tomato person or sour cream, so I left them out and it tasted just fine!