- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Tamale Pie Recipe
2 cups Mesa tamale mix
1 can of beef broth and water as needed
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 pound of ground meat
1 regular can of pinto or black beans
1 regular can of corn, drained
1 small can of sliced black olives, or a regular can of olives sliced by hand
1 large can of enchilada sauce
1 pound of cheddar or Mexican mix grated cheese
Garnish, sour cream and salsa.
1. Mix the mesa with the broth in a bowl with 1/2 of the taco seasoning packet, adding water if needed so it comes together and can be formed into patties. Take half of the mesa mix and spread over the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes to cook the mesa and melt the cheese. Take out and set aside.
2. While the mesa is baking, brown the ground meat. Add the rest of the taco seasoning. Add the beans, corn, olives and enchilada sauce and mix well.
3. Pour the ground beef mixture over the baked mesa mix in the casserole dish.
4. Form the remaining mesa mix into equal sized patties and place on top of the mixture, sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top of the mesa mix and bake at 375 degrees for about 35 to 45 minutes. Enjoy!