Tantalise Your Tastebuds to a Sweet, Crispy and Flaky Banana Puri
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon rose essence
- 1 teaspoon cardamon powder (elachie)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup water
- ¼ bowl melted butter
- ¼ bowl cornflour
- oil for deep frying
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
Instructions for syrup:
- Heat a saucepan add water, sugar and cardamom
- Continue to stir for 10 minutes, until its thick and sticky
- Remove from heat
Instructions Banana Puri
- Mix flour and baking powder in a baking bowl
- Add the butter, mix in well
- Blend with water and rose essence to form a soft dough
- Portion the dough into 5 equal parts
- Roll each dough portion into a platter sized circle
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle some cornflour
- Continue to roll and layer each circle with melted butter and a sprinkle of cornflour
- Roll pastry into a swiss roll log
- Press and seal the edges of the roll
- Cut 2cm length size to each slice
- Place each slice to its side and flatten with a rolling pin
12. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan to moderate temperature, oil amount enough to cover Banana Puri
13. Frying +- 6 to 10 at a time, depending on the size of your pan
14. Allow 2 minutes to each side of the Banana Puri to puff
15. Do not fry until brown as the pastry should compliment a vanilla colour
16. Drain the slices on absorbent paper towel
17. Pop each slice into the home-made syrup for less than 30 seconds or set on a wire rack place a dish under the rack and dribble on the syrup as required
- Chop almonds, colour with food colouring and sprinkle on each Banana Puri,
- Touching the sides with a hint of edible gold dust
- Sprinkling of dessicated coconut
For related sweet treat articles, refer to the links below:
- Melt in Your Mouth Eggless Jam Tart
Tastiest melt in your eggless tart, that keeps you coming back for more...
- Can You Keep a Secret in Making an Epically Mean Bom...
Great as a dessert, parties of all ages, events or just to relax and chill...
- Tempting Your Tastebuds With a Melt in Your Mouth Gu...
A delicious vegetarian melt in your mouth textured treat. Great to make when entertaining or spending some quality time with the family
- Roly Poli Pudding in a Pie (Coconut Filled Sweetmeat...
Indulging your sweet tooth to a delicious pastry, that keeps you coming back for more...
- Obey and Treat Your Sweet Tooth To Apple, Almond and...
For every savoury dish, why not keep a balance and favour your sweet tooth. With all savoury meals or snack, I like to compliment with a dessert.
- Comfort Pancakes! Fill Your Tastebuds
Fill your tastebuds with loads of deliciousness! You will be snacking on it for the rest of the day.
- Easy Peasy Pancake Toast Made Easy!
So, quick and easy, you will put this recipe on your list as part of your meals for the week including the weekend. My kids love it!