- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Cutlet with Tapioca.
Tapioca Plant (Cassava) is one of the main cultivation of Kerala. In Kerala it is called Kappa . It can be cultivated in all seasons. The root of the plant is called tapioca.It is rich with protein and Carbohydrates.Because of its taste almost all the people of Kerala likes it. A plenty of dishes can be made using this.Tapioca chips,tapioca pappad,tapioca fish curry are some examples.
How to cook Tapioca
It is prepared by peeling its skin (The thin brown and thick white skin which is easily removable),cutting into desired shape , then boiling with water.The water should cover the tapioca.Add salt after it is cooked. After draining water Tapioca can be used.
Cutlets can be made using any ingredients.The only thing to remember is there should be a binding agent to bind the cooked ingredients. Usually Potatoes are used as binding agent. Here i am using cooked and smashed Tapioca as binding agent.
I think i have described clearly about the cooking methods of Tapioca.If it is helpful to the beginners I am satisfied.
- Tapioca -250 gms
- Beetroot -150gms
- Carrot -150 gms
- Green peas -150gms
- Green chilies -8nos
- Onion -250gms, chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Oil -3-cups
- Bread -10 nos, powdered
- Egg -4 nos
- Garam masala powder -1tsp
- Chilly powder -1 tsp
- Salt -to taste
Method of preparation
- In a Pressure cooker cook Beetroot,carrot,green peas,and peeled tapioca by adding sufficient water.
- when cooking is done drain water .After cooling remove the skin of carrot and beetroot and smash them.Smash the cooked tapioca also.
- In a pan add 3 tablespoon of oil and saute the chopped onions ,ginger ,salt and green chilies till golden brown.
- To this add chilly powder,turmeric powder, .garam masala powder and smashed vegetables and cooked green peas.
- Saute for two minutes to mix all the ingredients well.
- After cooling take out small portions from the mixture and make oval shape.
- Using a mixer grinder powder the bread slices .
- Spread the powder in a plate.
- Beat the eggs well.
Final stage of making cutlet
- Take out the oval shaped mixture. Dip first into the egg and then into the bread powder till all the part is covered.
- Repeat the process until all is done.
- In a thick bottomed pan add oil and fry the cutlets.
- Adding salt while sauteing onions make the process faster
- Fry the cutlets in a law flame.