How to Make Tartar Sauce for Seafood and Fish
Why Buy Tartar Sauce when You can Make It?
Looking for the Perfect Tartar Sauce Recipe? Try this one...
Once upon a time I worked at a restaurant that served fish. They truly made the best Tartar Sauce and I had been trying to recreate it for years...
After many years of trial and error attempts, I think I have achieved a great tartar sauce that is not too tart, not too sweet, and has the perfect blend to accentuate Broiled or Fried Fish, Fried Scallops and Clam Strips. Oh, and fries served along with whatever fish or seafood I have mentioned.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family.
Prep Time ~ If you can, make at least 1 hour before serving. It improves the flavor. Making it a day ahead is even better.
Basic Ingredients and Tools for making Tartar Sauce
Give you Tartar Sauce a little Texture by chopping, not Mincing, the Ingredients
Ingredients for Easy Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Dill Relish
- 2 Baby Carrots, Small chop
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Sugar, To taste
- 1 tsp Dried Chopped Onions, (Optional) ~ or ~
- 2 tsps Fresh Chopped Onions, (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, Fresh ground preferred (Optional)
Instructions for making Tartar Sauce
- Measure ingredients into bowl with matching seal top removed.
- Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Seal with top, and Refrigerate until use.
Please Rate this Tartar Sauce Recipe
Serve Individual Portions, then...
Serving Suggestion: Fried Clam Strips with Tartar Sauce
Other Serving Suggestions