Tasty Honey BBQ Wings to Die For
- 6 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 Chicken Wings
- Lemon slices for garnish
This is a simple recipe for baked wings rather than fried. These are a healthier option and while they take a little bit longer to cook they are well worth the effort!
- In a bowl, combine the tomato ketchup, white vinegar, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, Dijon mustard, water, honey, garlic powder, smoke paprika and black pepper - mix this thoroughly.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a separate bowl for basting at a later point.
- Prepare the wings by splitting into 12 wing pieces and discarding the tips.
- Add the vegetable oil and chicken wing pieces. Rub the marinade thoroughly onto each wing ensuring they are well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (If you have time, prepare the day before and refrigerate overnight for best results)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, 400 degrees F or Gas Mark 6
- Arrange the wings on a baking tray. Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and baste with the saved marinade - return to the top of the oven for 5 minutes.
- Baste one final time and return for a final 5 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and arrange on a plate or serving dish, garnish with a lemon or a couple of greens. Serve with a blue cheese dip (see my other receipe's)