- Food and Cooking
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
As I've gotten older, I've realized how much of a sweet tooth that I have. I've realized that my favorite dessert out of pies, cookies, brownies, and shortcake was ultimately the shortcake. The shortcake that I like the best is the strawberry shortcake. I feel that the warm flaky biscuits and strawberries mix really well with the cream. The combination of the two flavors gives your taste buds a smooth and sweet taste. Here below is a quick and easy recipe to make strawberry shortcake:
- 6 cups strawberries, rinsed, quartered
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 stick butter, unsalted , small pieces
- 2 cups cream, heavy
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, toss strawberries with 3/4 cup of sugar. Let this sit to bring out the juices.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. (10-12 times) In another bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of cream and eggs, pour over flour mixture and pulse until large clumps form (25-30 times)
- Pack dough into 1/2 cup measuring cup and tap onto baking sheet. Repeat to make 8 biscuits. Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to rack to cool for about 15 mins.
- Beat remaining 1 1/2 cup of cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar with the vanilla.
- Slice biscuits in half. Spoon strawberries and their liquid over both halves. Spoon whipped cream on strawberries and replace top halves of biscuits.