- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
How to make Kothamalli or Coriander Chutney South Indian Style Recipe
Rate Here !
Coriander Chutney - Introduction
For people who don't know what Coriander chutney is, you could get to know through this hub.
For other people who know what it is, you might have come across lot many ways of making Coriander chutney. But this is a typical South Indian style of making Coriander chutney.
I have considered the ingredients to make the tasty & juicy Coriander chutney only for 2 people.
Note: To make your dishes a real tasty food, we would recommend you to use Spring water in all your dishes wherever you have to use water.
For the Tempering
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ tea spoon mustard seeds
- ¼ tea spoon Bengal gram
- Curry leaves(3 -4 leaves)
- 1 cup or 100 gms Coconut, grated
- 1 bunch Coriander leaves, cut into pieces
- 2 small Red chillies, chopped
- 2 tea spoon Broken Black Gram
- 1/4 tea spoon asafoetida or asafetida powder
- Pinch of tamarind(used as a preservative)
- ½ tea spoon Salt
Step by step guide to make Healthy Coriander chutney
- In a pan, fry the broken black gram, red chilies, asafetida powder and tamarind till ingredients becomes golden brown and keep aside in a vessel / container
- Take separately coriander leaves and coconut in a pan and fry till they become dry
- Put all together with salt in a mixie and grind till they become smooth paste. Smooth paste is called Coriander Chutney without tempering.
- For tempering: Pour oil in a vessel and put mustard seeds then wait till it crakle and add curry leaves in to it. Wait for 2 to 3 seconds and pour the tempering in the Coriander chutney. This is called Coriander Chutney with Tempering or complete Coriander Chutney
- Hot tasty & juicy Coriander chutney can be served for all Dosa varieties and all Idly varieties
- Note: If chutney is too thick, you could add very little spring water to it to make it healthy & tasty diluted chutney. Pure salt could be added to your diluted chutney (if required). Any clarification on Spring Water or Pure Salt, please contact us.