How to make tasty Elumichai sadham or Lemon Rice South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Lemon Recipe - Introduction
Lemon Rice is a traditional south Indian dish. It is also called as variety rice. Method of preparation is given below . Taste it and enjoy it.
- 1/4 kg Rice, (cooked)
- 3 Lemon, (juice)
- 3 tea spoon refined Oil
- 1/4 tea spoon Mustard
- 1 tea spoon Bengal gram
- 1 tea spoon broken white gram
- 1/4 tea spoon fenugreek
- 3 red chilies, (cut into pieces)
- 1 tea spoon Asatafoida powde
- 1 tea spoon Ginger, (cut into pieces)
- 1 tea spoon garlic, (cut into pieces)
- 3 tea spoon Groundnut fried
- 1 tea spoon Turmeric
- 1 tea spoon Salt
- 1 Onion, (cut into pieces)
- In a cooker pour ½ liter water and put thoroughly washed rice in it and close the lid. Wait for 3-4 whistles for the rice to get cooked
- In a frying pan, add oil, fenugreek, mustard seeds and wait till it crackles. Then add Bengal gram, broken white gram and red chilies, onion and wait till it becomes golden brown,
- Then add ginger, garlic, groundnut, turmeric and salt and stir well. Till the Ground nut gets fried. Pour the lemon juice in the mixture and stir well.
- Now add cooked rice in the mixture and mix evenly.
- Finally put the lemon rice in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves on it.
- Lemon rice can be served with coriander chutney, coconut chutney and pickle.
- If salt is less it can be mixed with the rice.