- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make onion free Tomato Chutney South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Onion free Tomato Chutney or Sauce is a spicy and hot side dish which goes well with Dosa, Idly, chapatti and Variety of dishes. Don't miss to try this yummy Onion free Tomato Chutney recipe.
Reason for me to choose this Onion free Tomato Chutney is that, it is super easy to cook.
Particularly bachelors can make use of this recipe and more over it is the best south Indian side dish recipe for people who don't like Onions.
This dish has a hot chilly taste as it is onion free. I have explained the method of preparation in this hub.Try it and enjoy it.
Note: There could be many ways of preparing this Onion free Tomato Chutney recipe. But this is one of the way to make Onion free Tomato Chutney recipe.
Onion free Tomato Chutney
Tasty Onion free Tomato Chutney
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Serves two people
- 3 Tomato, ( cut into pieces)
- 2 Red chilies, (Chopped)
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt
- 1 tea spoon Bengal Gram/Chana Dal
- 1 tea spoon Refined Oil
- Coriander leaves, (chopped for Garnishing)
- 1/2 tea spoon Mustard seeds
- In a pan pour the oil and heat it.Add mustard seeds in it and let them to crackle.
- Now add the bengal gram,chopped red chilies and curry leaves. Fry till the roasted gram becomes golden brown.
- Put the chopped tomatoes and salt in the pan and fry with rest of the ingredients.
- Pour little water in the pan and close the lid to let them cook.
- Now take the tomato contents from pan & grind them well in a mixer. Take it back to the pan and allow them to boil for few minutes.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves on the chutney and serve hot in a bowl.