Tasty Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 oz feta, cubed
Salad Ingredients and Instructions
- Set out all ingredients including a large bowl for salad that has a sealable lid and extra room for ease of tossing salad.
- Cut watermelon into bite size pieces and put in bowl.
- Chop 1/4 to 1/2 onion depending on personal taste (some times we like a half and sometimes we only like a 1/4) and add to bowl.
- Slice 1/2 of an English cucumber lengthwise into six slices then cut each strip into four lengthwise before dicing into little pieces. Add to bowl.
- Add two ounces of crumbled feta cheese to bowl. I like to buy the feta that is already cubed so I use about 25 cubes that I cut into four.
- Very carefully toss the ingredients until mixed being careful not to crush the watermelon too much.
Eat it Up!
The longer this salad sits the more the watermelon's juice will pool in the bottom of the bowl. You can refrigerate overnight and eat the next day but it is not as nice as when it is made and eaten fresh.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Put all ingredients in a small deep bowl and whisk until mixed. Immediately pour over watermelon salad and lightly toss.