- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Tasty & Wholesome Banana Bread Recipe
Bananas are mostly loved by all and their specialty is they generally don’t rot. As days pass they only become over-ripe and then some people hate eating them in their natural state. But still at that stage they can be enjoyed by making them into a number of delicious recipes like banana bread.
Banana bread is extremely easy to make. It is tasty and wholesome. It can be made in a number of variations using our creativity. And its added advantage is it lasts quite long.
You can make banana bread with eggs and butter. But if you want it vegan, you can make it with vegetable oil, or peanut butter and without eggs too without compromising on deliciousness and nutritive values.
For added flavors you can also add juice of oranges or lemons or you can add some cinnamon powder too to add a distinct aroma.
- 3-4 bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
To make banana bread is extremely simple and even children can help you doing all the other chores than heating the oven and keeping the tray in the oven. There is no use of any dangerous equipment like knife or mixer too.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix first the bananas and butter. Preheat the oven to about 180° C or 350° F while you make the preparations.
- To the mixture of bananas and butter, add eggs, vanilla and sugar. Pepper baking soda and salt over it and mix again. After mixing all these, mix in the flour as a last ingredient. You have to make the mixture like a thick batter and not dough.
- Pour the batter in a buttered baking tray and keep in the oven to bake for about an hour. It may take 5 to 15 minutes more. Test if it is baked by inserting a knife in the middle, up to the bottom. If the knife comes out clean, the bread is done. You can remove it from the oven. Take the bread out of the tray and make slices.
This banana bread can be wrapped into plastic or foil and kept in refrigerator and it lasts long.
If you want the bread to be vegan you can replace butter with wheat germ oil, vegetable oil or peanut butter and remove eggs.
Banana bread can be made more wholesome by adding wheat bran and wheat germ oil.
To add more crunchy deliciousness to banana cake, add a lot of nuts to it. You can add fresh or dried fruits too, as well as chocolate and shredded coconut to make it even tastier. Thus by adding different delicious ingredients you can make your own special banana bread recipe.