- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Breakfast Quiche with Potato Puff Crust
Play with Your Food
What do you dream about? Vacations on the Riviera? Living in an amazing mansion (with servants)? Flying?
I dream about food.
Last night my REM sleep hovered over breakfast casseroles and quiches. I love them both. And in my dream state I combined the two.
What is your favorite breakfast food?
- 3 cups potato puffs (tater tots), thawed
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- *1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- *1/2 cup cooked sausage, diced
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Generously spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place the tater tots in the prepared pan in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese, the bell pepper, and cooked meat on the crust. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs. Pour over the cheese/bell pepper/meat mixture in the crust.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees. Bake the tater tot filled crust for about 30 minutes. Let sit about 5 minutes then slice and serve.
What makes this recipe work?
This recipe is very flexible and allows you to use whatever you have on hand.
- Don't have Cheddar cheese? You could use Swiss, provolone, gouda, or a smoked cheese.
- If you don't have or like sausage, you could substitute cooked crumbled bacon or ham, or veggie crumbles.
- Don't have red bell pepper? What about sautéed sliced mushrooms or zucchini.
© 2013 Linda Lum