Tea Gift Basket Ideas
All About Tea
Tea lovers know that their beverage of choice is more than just a relaxing drink. It is healthy, warm, and invigorating. Research has shown that when you hold a hot cup of tea (or coffee or cocoa) in your hands, you feel more content.
That, tea lovers already know. But tea can also be a refreshing pick-me-up, a home remedy, or an all-natural sleeping aid.
Making a tea gift basket for the special people in your life is a great way to show them how much you care – and a great way to allow them to stock up on their favorite treats.
Next time they are holding their mug of hot tea, they’ll be contentedly thinking of your thoughtfulness.
Beautiful Tea Cups
Giving a Gift
Chances are that your tea lover drinks a regular, everyday type of tea bag as part of her routine. Your tea gift basket should give her some treats that she wouldn’t normally buy for herself. Here are some ideas:
- Premium teas. Teas come in every flavor under the sun – and then some! Get a nice selection of great flavors. Try organic teas or fair trade teas for an extra, thoughtful touch. Also get a blend of several different types, including green tea, black tea, Earl Grey, Oolong, Chai, and more. Get a blend of caffeinated and decaffeinated for different times of day.
- A small teapot or tea kettle.
- A mug for cold afternoons when a small tea cup just won’t do.
- Honey sticks or a container of honey. Try to find local (the recipient’s locality) honey, which is great for the immune system.
- Tea biscuits or biscotti. We usually think of biscotti and coffee as a perfect combination, but biscotti is great for tea baskets as well. Not only is it delicious, it lasts a long while.
- Little jams in a variety of flavors.
- A tea ball and loose tea so they can make their own blends. You can find loose herbs at natural food stores that cost very little. Peppermint and catnip, for instance, makes a great tea for those who have trouble sleeping.
- Tea press, brewing basket, tea infusers, or brewing pot for loose teas.
- A three-in-one tea travel mug. This brews the tea on the go.
- Nuts, candies, dried fruit, and baked goods, like cookies or brownies.
- A small box in which to store tea bags. Or you could put the assembled items into a large canister that can be used later to store tea.
- Cinnamon sticks.
How to Make Chai Tea
You can put your tea related items into a wicker basket with a nice fabric lining or you can use another container, such as the storage canister. You can also find charming baskets that are shaped like teacups. Your tea lover can then reuse the basket for a plant holder or storage container.
Take the Poll!
Do you enjoy drinking tea?
Filler & Accessories
When you have assembled the tea items in your container, you can fill in gaps with small items, like decorative candles, tea favors or honey sticks. Cover the container with clear or tinted cellophane and adorn with a bow. You can also leave it plain and let the tea speak for itself.
The tea lover in your life will be thrilled with the arrangement you have put together, as well as all the thought that has clearly gone into it. And you’ll love saving money and providing an excellent gift.