- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Tender Beef Strips Recipe
Way back may college days, after school, me and my classmates wanted to dig down meals as our class ends at 9:00 PM. It's kinda fun that you are eating your favorite meal with your friends, because laughter will never become absent.
One of our favorite place to dine in is the "Jelson's Tapsilog", Tapsilog stands for Tapa, sinangag and itlog which means Beefs Strip, fried rice and sunny-side up egg. Actually, the that place offered different varieties like chicken, pork, fried fish, kikiam and many more all are paired with fried rice and egg. Man! I missed those days.
The Beef Strips
Since I missed the beef strips, I tried creating my own. I don't know the real recipe for Jelson's, so I formulated the sauce that will be used to flavor the strips.
I first boil the strips until tender, roasted garlic, sauted onions and add the sauce until the strips absorbs it.
Please rate my recipe
- 1 kilo Beef, chopped into strips
- 6 spoon soy sauce
- Juice from 10 pieces Calamansi
- 4 spoon Sugar
- 2 spoon Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 bulb Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- Ground Pepper
- 1 table spoon oil
Beef Steak Recipe
- How to cook Beef Steak or bistek tagalog?
The link features another beef recipe with thick and flavorful sauce.The sauce is a combination of sweet, sour and explosive flavor.
- 2 spoon sugar, 3 spoon soy sauce and 1 spoon calamansi juice for about 1 hour.
- Boil the beef strips until tender. If you will use a pressure cooker, it'll take you 1 hour.
- While boiling the beef make the sauce by combining the remaining sugar, soy sauce, calamansi juice, ground pepper, 1/4 cup water and ketchup. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute the garlic until roasted.
- Remove the garlic from the oil and add the onion and let it simmer.
- Add the beef strips and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the sauce until it thickens.
- Serve and enjoy.