- Food and Cooking»
Tequila Bread Pudding with Tequila Butter Sauce
Best Tequila For Dessert recipe
Tequila Bread Pudding with Tequila Butter Sauce is one of the Best Tequila For Dessert recipe!
Tequila Bread Pudding
Ingredients for Tequila Bread Pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups chiabatta or rustic bread, Crust removed
- 1/4 cup triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons premium tequila
- 1/3 cup raisins, (optional)
Instructions for Tequila Bread Pudding
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Whisk together all custard ingredients and pour over bread and raisins. Toss bread and custard until bread has absorbed the custard. (If the mixture looks too dry add a little more milk) Add mixture to a buttered casserole and dot the top of the pudding with small chunks of butter (a tablespoon or two should do.)
- Put the casserole pan in to a baking pan and fill the baking pan with enough HOT water to go halfway up the side of the bread pudding casserole - making a water bath. (DO NOT add water to the bread pudding)
- Cover the pudding with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until pudding is set and top is golden.
Tequila Butter Sauce
- 3/4 stick butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1/4 cup premium tequila
- Melt 3/4 stick of butter in a sauce pan and add 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Whisk butter and sugar till smooth over medium heat.
- Take pan OFF the fire (unless you want to flambé) and add in a 1/4 cup premium tequila.
- Adjust sugar and tequila to taste.
- Serve bread pudding with plenty of sauce over top