Texas Summer Treat - Banana Pudding Recipe With Cream Cheese
Texas Banana Pudding Dessert Recipe
Texas Style Banana Pudding
Preparation Time for Texas Banana Pudding
- 3 - 4 Bananas, Medium ripe
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers, or sugar free cookies (Fiber One Sugar cookies)
- 1 large size box Instant Vanilla Pudding, Sugar Free if preferred
- 2.5 cups Milk, or Almond Milk
- 8 ounce box Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups Cool Whip, or real Whipped Cream (lower carb)
Texas Best Banana Pudding Dessert Recipe
Make the pudding according to the directions on the box using 2.5 cups of milk as you like to get a creamy pudding.
In another bowl, mix the cream cheese and 3/4 of the whipped cream/cool whip until smooth.
Combine the pudding and the cream cheese mixture.
Assemble the banana pudding:
In a large glass serving bowl, line the bottom with vanilla wafers. Top with sliced bananas to cover. Spread a layer of the pudding mixture on top and repeat the layers ending with a layer of vanilla wafers on top.
Add a dollop of whipped cream to finish!
Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. You can enjoy this dessert as soon as an hour later. It's even better the next day. It's hard to eat just one serving!
Great Dessert for Diabetics if made low sugar/low carb!
Have you tried modifying regular recipes for better nutrition?
© 2011 Lela