- Food and Cooking
Texas Taco Casserole
This is a great recipe that can be adapted to anyone's taste simply by adding any of the additional ingredients I've listed.
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
- 8 - 10 Flour Tortillas, Quartered
- 1 can Seasoned chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped and sauteed
- 1 can Refried beans
- 2 - 3 cups Grated Cheese, Cheddar or Mexican blend
- 1 cup Sliced black olives
- 2 Cups Sour cream, for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and season with taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Place ingredients in 9 X 13 dish in layers starting with the flour tortillas. Add 1/2 of the refried beans by the spoonful, spreading around to cover tortillas.
- Top with 1/2 can of the seasoned tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the onion, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and 1/2 cup of the black olives. Repeat layers, topping off with the cheese.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned on top.
Top with sour cream if desired.