- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Texas Rubbed Turkey wih blackberry BBQ sauce
B.B.Q TURKEY TENDERLOIN
Texas Rubbed Turkey Tenderloin
With the Thanksgiving holiday's right around the corner I thought it might be time to start working on some tasty Turkey recipes, and that's what I have done with this Texas rubbed that I used on a nice piece of turkey tenderloin paired with a blackberry b,b.q. sauce it will make you want to start your holiday cooking today.
Texas Rubbed Turkey with Blackberry BBQ Sauce
1 tbsp of Classic Olive Oil or Canola Oil
1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
1/2 cup if Smoked Barbecue Sauce
2 tbsp blackberry preserves
1 1/2 tbs turkey tenderloins
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
Chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
1. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300F to 350F). For the sauce, in a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, saute 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in barbecue sauce and preserves. Reduce heat to low, simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce until serving time.
2. Season turkey with paprika, garlic powder, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Brush with remaining sauce.
3. Place turkey on grill. Grill, covere, 10 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registered 165F. Remove turkey from grill and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, reheat reserve barbecue sauce over low heat 5 minutes.
4. Slice turkey into thin slices, sprinkle with rosemry (if desired), and serve with reserved sauce.