- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
"Thai Flower Dumplings" Recipe
3 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
1 tbsp coriander root, chopped finely
1 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cups water
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Preparation (Step one)
- Pound coriander roots, garlic and pepper finely to obtain a smooth paste.
1/2 cups of minced prawn or chicken
- Saute' the mixture prepared in step 1 until it is fragrant then add mince prawn or chicken
- season with fish sauce and sugar and saute' until well done.
Rice flour 1/2 cup
Tapioca starch 2 tbsp
Glutinous flour 2 tsp
Arrowroot 2 tsp
Water 1/2 cup for kneading
- Combine all the ingredients together and set aside.
10 -15 of Blue or Butterfly pea
1/2 tsp of Lemon juice
1 cup of Warm water
- Add warm water in the blue or butterfly pea and waiting until we get the colouring (gentle squeeze is ok) then remove the flower.
- Add lemon juice in the purple colour water then add it into ready flour that we set aside.
- Knead them until a dough forms.
- Shape into small balls about 3 cm in diameter. Continue shaping unitl finished.
Shape small balls look like flower (please follow the below video) then steam them over boiling water on high heat for 5-10 minutes or until done.*** Do not forget to apply oil on the streamer for "non-stick".
Remove from the streamer, garnish with whatever you want.
Thai Flower Dumplings Preparation
Thank you foodism's video as it make my presentation easier ^^
I'm so proud of myself when I see my Thai flower dumpling pictures ^O^
How to steam for any kind of food
Thank you for this video as it help me to explain how to steam to my friends ^^