- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Thai Inspired Pumpkin Soup
Rate this soup
This is a very easy way to spice up a traditional pumpkin soup and add some new flavours to the old favourite!
- 1kg Pumpkin (I used Jap, but any type is fine), Diced
- 1 medium Onion, Finely chopped
- 350ml Coconut Milk
- 1 dessertspoon Yellow Curry Paste
- Place the diced onion and pumpkin in a saucepan and add enough water to just cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook until soft and onion is turning translucent.
- Remove about 75% of the water from the pan - set it aside. With the heat on low, use a stick blender to blend the vegetables with the remaining water.
- Add the curry paste and coconut milk to the pan, continuing to blend with a small amount of heat under the pan. Take care, as you don't want the mixture to boil at this point. If you think the soup is too thick, you can add back some of the water you removed and blend again.
- Serve with crusty bread, croutons or hot toast - yum!