Thai green curry with vegetables recipe
The word "curry" figures in Thai language as "kari", and refers to dishes using an Indian-style curry powder, known as phong kari in Thailand.
- 350 grams Vegetables, (baby corn, cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, beans and broccoli)
- 100 grams brinjal
- 4 to 6 kaffir lime leaves, (Can be substituted with lime leaves)
- 2 table spoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 table spoon Fish sauce, (can be substituted with 1 table spoon soya sauce)
- 2 table spoon Sugar
- 8 to 10 Thai basil leaves, (Can be substituted with tulsi leaves)
- Chop all the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add the ready green curry paste. Fry a little, adding a couple of tablespoons of coconut milk to prevent it from burning
- Reduce heat to medium and add the vegetables and a bit of water. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Add the brinjal cubees 5 minutes after the vegetables
- Add the fish sauce/soya sauce and sugar
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender
- Garnish with basil leaves/Tulsi leaves and serve with steamed rice or rice noodles