- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions
The Alkaline Acid Diet: Recipes for a Healthier Lifestyle
The Alkaline Acid Diet benefits your pH balance
The alkaline acid diet should not be considered just another diet fad, as it has actually been around quite a long time. Though many have not really heard of it, because it isn't so much a diet for weight loss as it is a simple diet for healthier living.
The Alkaline Acid Diet has been recommended by many health advocates and nutritionists. The purpose of the diet is to help your body maintain a proper pH balance, which can be done by eating more vegetables and less acidic foods. Good, healthy foods aside from vegetables include beans, nuts, and grains, and some acidic foods are allowed provided they are not too high in acid, such as some dairy and meat products.
Obviously, the majority of the recommended foods on the Alkaline Acid diet will be vegetables, typically about 75%. The remaining 25% can be meat and dairy, so you don't have to give up the occasional steak or burger.
Understanding Acidity and pH balance
A high amount of acidity in the body can result in a number of unfavorable symptoms. These include:
- acid indigestion
- a weakened immune system
- muscle pain
- and others
Too much acid can also cause the amount of healthy minerals and nutrient in your body to become depleted.
The alkaline acid diet is also said to help reduce the risks for serious diseases such as various types of cancer.
What foods can I eat on the Alkaline Acid Diet?
To find a complete listing of foods recommended for the alkaline acid diet, as well as which foods should be avoided, you can speak with a nutritionist of view some of the links and books below, which provide additional information as well as a wide range of health recipes perfectly suited for this diet and a healthier lifestyle.
A small listing of recipes, consisting of juices, soups, dinner ideas, and snacks.
- Energise For Life | Alkaline Diet, Green Drinks, pH Drops, Juicers
Your Alkaline Diet Resource & Shop with over 600 Alkaline Diet Articles & Videos. Learn about the Alkaline Diet.
These original, flavorful recipes will surely delight and tantalize, as well as energize.
- Acid Alkaline Diet Foods
Information and recipes for losing weight with the Acid Alkaline Energy Diet. Too much acidity in your body is the root cause of many health problems. Learn how Alkaline dieting can help you increase your energy, aid your digestion, lose weight and r