The Best 3 Foods In One- Italian, Mexican, and American Baked Macaroni and Cheese!
I invented this recipe myself. I was bored with plain macaroni and cheese from the box, so I decided to combine ingredients from my 3 favorite food types- Italian, Mexican, and American- to make one delicious dish. This was enjoyed by adults, a teenager, and my 2 year old son, so it's something good for all ages. It's also easy to make on a budget.
- 1 box any brand macaroni and cheese
- 2 tablespoons any brand hot sauce
- 1 cup pre-crumbled Italian bread crumbs
- 3 cups spicy Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic or oregano, powdered
- Whatever the box calls for- usually 1 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of butter milk and butter to prepare boxed macaroni
- a few sprinkles black pepper (optional), ground
- Boil and prepare one box of Macaroni and Cheese as directed on the box. I used Kraft the first time, then store brand.
- After mixing butter, milk and powdered cheese to prepare the Macaroni, add shredded Mexican cheese while the macaroni is still hot. Stir it in until it melts.
- Add about 1/4 of the bread crumbs and all the hot sauce and oregano. Other Italian seasonings can be added to taste. (The first time I made this, I used Taco Bell Fire hot sauce packets that I had leftover from the restaurant.)
- Spread the Macaroni and Cheese mixture in a 9.5x13 inch baking pan. Cover the top with remaining bread crumbs and any other seasons you wish to use.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven immediately, cool slightly, and enjoy! This tastes best if it is not refrigerated.