Best Ever Asian Salad!!!
What a delicious salad
This recipe is quick, easy, healthy, unique, and most of all...delicious! I could eat it all in one sitting!
It really is the best Asian inspired salad I've ever tasted. The flavors are unique so this is one you will either love or hate, but it's usually a crowd pleaser and not your typical ho-hum salad.
If you like Asian inspired food check out make your own ginger salad dressing
Best ever Asian salad
- 1-2 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch of scallions, slice into small rings, remaining greens slice into 1-2 inch lengths
- 1 bag sunflower seeds, remove shells, or buy without
- 1 pack rice noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional grilled or sliced chicken, mandarin orange slices, colorful raw peppers, peanuts
Are you intimidated by cooking multicultural food?
- mix lettuce, scallions, rice noodles and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl
- combine remaining ingredients for dressing, mix well. To make for a large crowd, or if you like heavy dressing on your salad, double recipe.
- do not add dressing until serving. When serving toss dressing well on desired portion of salad. For large crowds you can toss the salad with all the dressing, but it will get soggy after awhile, and unless it's all eaten, will not remain delcious.
- optional; add grilled or sliced chicken, mandarin oranges, slices of colorful raw peppers, or peanuts.
Other Salads to try!
- Greek cous-cous salad!
A delicious salad that compliments Gyros. Fresh, vegetarian and light!
- What to do with Kale? How about a nice Kale and Mang...
This is a really unique salad, it's sweet, it's bitter, it's light, and it's really good for you!
- Caprese Salad with cucumber and tomatoes
A Caprese (simple salad) with delicious fresh vegetables, often served as an antipasto. Add selected meats or pasta for an interesting side dish.
- Greek Food-Village Salad. Fresh, delicious, flavorfu...
A fresh, delicious salad for your next gathering!
© 2012 Rebecca